January 08, 2018
Region C Rally – Celebrate Good Times; Come On!
Celebrate good times, come on!
Let’s celebrate…REGION C
Six weeks and 4 days from today we will commence with the celebration…at our annual Region C Rally on June 10-11! Will you be there? We certainly hope so! Don’t miss all the fun…Chippewa Falls awaits!
If you haven’t sent in your registration, there’s still time. And…if you get it post-marked by April 30th, you will get the $35 per person rate. As of May 1, the rate goes to $40. We would appreciate it though; if you need to wait a bit longer…please get those in by May 20 especially if you are ordering shirts so the embroiderer has ample time to complete them. We’ll also need to give the banquet caterer a number for the Saturday night dinner…so don’t delay too long.
You’re going to be in one of the most beautiful parts of our Region…northwest Wisconsin. There are lots of beautiful rides, and the weather should be really enjoyable in June. Come early or stay late and take advantage of the great location.
Attached is the Official Rally Schedule of activities we have planned for this year, and as you can see…it’s jam-packed with all kinds of things to do. Here are a few details to know before you go:
- We will hold early registration on Thursday evening, and if you want to join us for dinner…please bring enough chili for you and your family. (Double ziplock baggies or plastic containers will pack nicely in your cooler.) We’ll dump it into the warming pot to share with others. There’ll be some time for visiting as people arrive, and then we’ll show a movie under the stars (indoors in case of inclement weather). You’ll want to bring a blanket or lawn chairs and a drink. Wisconsin will provide the popcorn!
- On Friday morning, Gary & Betty Smith will offer their famous Omelet Breakfast again this year. Donations for their ministry are appreciated. Come and join us before Opening Ceremonies.
- If your State has a Family of the Year, please advise them to be prepared to meet with the Selection Committee between 8 and 9:00 a.m. in the Main Hall. This year’s Region FOY will be announced at Opening Ceremonies.
- There will be ample time for riding on Friday; you can either go on the guided ride or use one of the available maps to explore on your own.
- We’ll have the customary games of Dirty Bingo. To participate, don’t forget your two wrapped gifts.
- Something new this year in the way of activities will be the Progressive Psychedelic Paint Party. You may sign up for this activity during registration, and there will be a limit of 10 participants. Painters will get 10 minutes at each canvas and then move on to work on the next…progressing down the line. There will be a Friday afternoon & Saturday morning session, each one hour long, as the paintings will take about 2 hours to complete. The finished products will be offered during the Saturday afternoon auctions.
- We are gonna have a good time at the Party on Friday Night! Don’t be a party-pooper! Everyone come dressed in your finest 80’s style! Wear your slouch socks, white shoes, mullets, or big hair, etc! If you need inspiration, you only have to go online to find all kinds of ideas…80’s movies, rock bands, 80’s fashion, etc. There will be a DJ providing a dance list of 80’s music; and we’ll have a contest for the best group costumes, best male, best female, and best kid’s (under 17). We would appreciate if each chapter would bring a bag of snacks to share; and WI will again provide popcorn. There will be soda & water available for a donation, or you can bring your own drink. Ice Cream will be served later that evening. And we will invite all bikes to display their lights right outside the hall from 9 – 10 pm during the Bike Glow.
- There will be two workshops at this rally: 1) a Ride Captain’s Safety Session on Friday; and 2) a Saturday brainstorming session to market TA and grow our chapters, states, & Region while using the new Recruitment Program offered by National.
- Saturday activities will include the 2nd part of the Paint Party; the On-Bike Games; and the States’ Braggin’ Rights Games. During this time, we may get a visit from a Wisconsin Car Club that will also be in town that weekend. We have invited them to come and show off their cars while we show off our bikes. We anticipate having a Group Photo taken of the bikes and owners at some point during the day. We will announce the time on Friday morning during the Opening.
- An on-site lunch will be offered Saturday by Wisconsin State with donations accepted.
- Auctions will take place on Saturday afternoon and your donations of items and baskets will be most appreciated! Remember – the auctions raise funds to help run the Region and help the new Family of the Year attend Gold Rush and represent Region C!
- Don’t forget to look for pictures to share with us for the slideshow which will be shown at the Saturday evening Awards Banquet. Send your selections of past TA fun and celebrations to email@example.com. Deadline for these is May 27th!
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me…
Judy Schaefer, Region C Director:
See you in Wisconsin!